Consistent with the job responsibilities and the Miss America philosophy, the following are some qualities and attributes of a Miss America.
- Role model who cares about her role and other women’s roles in society;
- Physically conscientious women with a confident and commanding presence;
- Ambassador and public relations representative of the Miss America Organization;
- Talented and intelligent;
- An activist on issues she deems important;
- Independent and eloquent communicator with the courage of her convictions;
- Accomplished individual whose represents the modern American woman;
- A leader by virtue of her experiences;
- One who takes personal pride in physical fitness and health.
The Miss Ohio/Miss America Scholarship Program is a wonderful way for young women to raise scholarship dollars and further develop as strong, confident women. Below are some of the eligibility requirements to participate.
To compete, you must:
- Be a United States citizen
- Ohio residency status meeting one of the following:
– Resident of Ohio for 6 months
– Full time employee in Ohio for 6 months
– Full time college student in Ohio with one semester completed
– Full time college student in another state with permanent residence in Ohio.
- Between the ages of 17 and 24 (Must be at least a senior in high school at the time of your first local competition)
- High School graduate or GED by June 30th of the year competing
- Never been married or pregnant
- Never convicted of a crime
- Always been a female
- Personal involvement with a community/social issue, referred to as “your platform”
- Please review the Miss America Contestant Contract for additional eligibility requirements
CONTESTANT PAPERWORK & REQUIREMENTS
Click the link below to download a ZIP file containing the documents required for all Miss Ohio Local Programs. Some locals may have additional requirements so be sure to check with the Local Executive Director when applying to enter a Local Preliminary Pageant.
The ZIP package contains the following documents…
Contestant Contract – eForm
Contestant Contract – Print & Complete
Scholarship Rules & Regulations
CMNH Registration Instructions
Competition Rules & Guidelines
Mandatory Events Info
No Show Rules